PCIe Protocol Overview - LIVE ONLINE
This course focuses on the fundamentals of the PCI Express® protocol specification. The typical PCIe architecture, including data space, data movement, and the most commonly used Transaction Layer Packets (TLPs) are covered. Interrupts and error handling are also discussed.
The theoretical content is supplemented by exercises carried out by the participant.
Duration: 2 mornings of 4 hours each
Times: 9.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m. Lecture part 1
11.00 a.m. - 11.15 a.m. 15 minute break
11.15 a.m. - 1.15 p.m. Lecture part 2
Exercises: self paced by the participants. Estimated time for completion appr. 2-3 hours. At the end of a lecture, the exercises to be performed by participants are discussed. The results / sample solutions are presented by the trainer the next day.
After registration: the participant receives the presentation documents in electronic form (PDF) as well as the workbook for the exercises, the login data and a list of
requirements to be done in advanced.
After completing this comprehensive training, you will have the necessary skills to:
- Interpret various transactions occurring on the link
- Describe the layered architecture and the tasks and packet types each is responsible for
- Properly estimate maximum performance of a link
- Illustrate how errors can be communicated within the system
- Explain relationships between Virtual Channels (VCs) and Traffic Class (TC) and the interaction with flow control credits
- PCIe Architecture
- PCIe Protocol
- Packet Formatting
- Packet Routing
- Interrupts and Error Management
- Link Initialization and Training
- PCIe Gen3 Enhancements
Lab 1: Packet Decoding – This lab explores what really happens on the link between a root complex and the endpoint. Various packets, including the Physical Layer, Data Link Layer, and Transaction Layer packets are explored. Packet sniffing, to actually see what is transmitted, becomes a powerful tool for understanding the protocol as well as debugging various link issues.
Dauer und Kosten
Dauer: 2 Tage (je 4 Stunden)
netto pro Teilnehmer inklusive ausführlicher Schulungsunterlagen
Anleitung herunterladen (PDF)