Compact Vitis for Software Designers
This course focuses on the embedded software related topics of the Xilinx Vitis Unified Software Platform. Vitis operation and project setup for various use cases with the Zynq 7000 SoC and Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC are presented. In this it is also valuable for hardware developers.
The course drives knowledge for an embedded software designer to setup embedded application on a given FPGA platform design. The attendees learn how to apply Vitis features and underlying concepts during the software development phase of a design cycle. Examples are based on the Zynq families’ powerful processing system (PS), which will be introduced along with its peripherals.
Developing the software in standalone environment will help to understand the low level software and the provided libraries.
An overview of embedded Linux is provided to let the attendee acquire knowledge to write Linux applications in Vitis IDE. The techniques of debugging and profiling are applied to bring up the projects in live environments.
The course is focused on:
• Driving the Vitis Software Development Tool and Migrating from SDK to the Vitis Platform
• Customizing board support packages (BSPs) for resource access and management of the Xilinx Standalone library
• Developing software applications for the ARM® Cortex™-A9 / A53 processors
• Using Memory File System with the FFS library.
• Utilizing device drivers effectively
• Debugging and integrating user applications
• Employing best practices to enable good design decisions
• Execution on both the ZCU104 board and QEMU
- Architecture: Xilinx Alveo accelerator cards, Xilinx SoCs & MPSoCs and ACAPs
- Conceptual understanding of embedded processing systems
- C or C++ programming experience, including general debugging techniques